Wednesday, February 8, 2012

That was summer




Have you felt summer?


Remember that time when you were tired running between the wickets in the cricket game you were playing, hitting the ball for miles.
That time you were in the pool tired doing lane after lane after lane swimming trying to be perfect for the championship for the games .That was summer.

Remember that time that the cicadas were chirping in the trees flys were buzzing the ants were crawling around you. The dust from the wind blowing in your eyes, hay fever annoying you from the flowers, pollen blowing everywhere. That was summer.

Remember lying in the warm grass like it was a electric blanket on low, you looking out for all the insects flying low over looking for something to eat for lunch making buzzing noise,

Tree leaves blowing in the wind. That was summer.

by Katrina




11 comments:

  1. I love the words you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you said that you get tried running between the wickets at cricket because I know that you like cricket

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool story Katrina I like how you put in ants crawling around you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your writing Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks everyone how wrote a comment

    katrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Katrina your writing really sounds like you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katrina I just love this poem. As I read your piece of writing I had such a vivid picture in my mind that I could just about smell the fresh grass and see the clouds drifting through the clear blue sky - Summer to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot Mrs Craig.I enjoyed writing the summer writing.It took a bit of time but it was fun bringing back your memoires

    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katrina my name is Puawai I go to Pt England school in Auckland. I like your story it is cool. Wasn'ta it a busy holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Te Puawai
    I like my writing too.have you every been to Mahia?That's were my family go sometimes for a holiday.
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete