Friday, July 27, 2012

Olympic Creed/ Oath



At the start of each Olympics, every athlete promises to play fairly and obey all of the Olympic rules. One athlete from the host country takes the oath at the opening ceremony on behalf of all athletes. 
Victor Boin
I got the photo from Olympic oath 
This is Victor Boin saying the Olympic Oath at the 1920 Antwerp Games in Belgium


Here is the Olympic Oath. It was written by Baron de Coubertin


"In the name of all competitors, I promise that we shall take part in these Olympic Games, respecting and abiding by the rules that govern them, in the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of sport and the honor of our teams."


Here is me saying the Olympic Oath 




Here is my Olympic oath that I made up! 

On behalf of Room 20 Parkvale School, I think all of the competitors should compete in all events that are scheduled, in the Room 20 Olympics, they all show the Olympic Values and all show sportsmanship if they win or lose. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi I go to Aquinas College in Tauranga(year7), This helped me with my homework alot!! hahaha--who ever wrote this weldone!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks! My name is Katrina, what's yours? Your school sounds very cool. Do you have a blog? So I could maybe comment on it. What did you have to for your homework that I helped you with?

      Please reply soon
      Thanks Katrina

      Delete
  2. Fantastic work, Katrina!

    I really like your clear reading of the oath. Your own oath has a great message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Katrina.
    I love your Olympics Oath you said it out very clearly. Thanks for sharing your blog with me.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Katrina these is some great recordings.
    Your voice is so clear and it has a good expression
    Keep up the great work Katrina!
    WELL DONE:)

    ReplyDelete