Thursday, November 1, 2012

The temperature suddenly dropped



The temperature suddenly dropped. I was in Australia. It was boiling hot. So hot that the sun was burning my skin through my clothes. I could hear thunder and lightning in the distance. I was happy that the rain was coming but I didn't want to be flooded. The rain can flood in Australia in a couple of minutes. I could hear a waterfall nearby so I needed to head to higher ground. I saw a cliff and decided to climb it was getting darker and I needed to make a hut off the ground so the water doesn't get me wet.

 I get some wood that I could tie together with vines. It was getting darker by the second I was nervous. I hope I make my hut in time. But then the rain comes tipping down. I have made a bed of the ground and put some leaves on it but I don't want to get wet. I am going to have to make a fire and a little roof. I am running to get wood and cut it down . I am wet head to toe. I also am cold. I find some wood it is hard work cutting it down. I finally cut some wood of a tree. I make my roof as fast as I can. It is the same design as my bed but you put it on a Diagonal. By the time I make my fire the rain is stopped . I am freezing cold and are lying as close as I can to the fire. The sun is up and it is going to be another hot day in the sun.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Katrina.
    Your story is sounds very intersting. You are very creative as you have made a describing sentence.
    What is your favourite kind of sentence?
    Keep up the great work.
    From your twiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that you added a Show Me of how to write a good sentence, Katrina!

    ReplyDelete