Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Playing hockey for the Black sticks

Playing Hockey for the Black sticks on Storybird



I’m playing hockey, scoring a goal for the woman Black sticks team.  

Next thing I know I am gasping for breath sitting up in my bed wide awake. I don’t know what to do next? I frantically wake up twin sister Olivia, shaking her like the Christchurch earthquake.  

Then I realise it is morning, I need to get ready for Hockey, it’s Saturday.
I get ready:

  1. Shin pads: On
  2. Socks: On
  3. Mouth guard: In bag
  4. Drink bottle : In bag
  5. Snack : In bag
  6. Uniform : On
  7. Hair tied up in a bun : Yes
  8. Hockey stick : In bag
  9. Hockey Ball : In bag
  10. Shoes : On


Great I am already!

Now I am traveling in the car to Hockey. I feel like a real hockey player, but I am not.

Next I am at hockey I have to warm an up so I do, : dribbling the ball keeping it on my stick.

Now I am playing the game keeping everything else that is happening around me out of my head. I ended up putting in 4 out of the 6 goals. Great teamwork.

When I grow up I want to be in the woman Black stick team. But I will have to train hard!

3 comments:

  1. Mark Gifkins PrincipalMonday, July 02, 2012

    Hi Katrina
    Wonderful writing. I especially enjoyed the way you have allowed the reader to engage in all your thoughts throughout the day as your hockey activities flow.
    What position do you enjoy most in hockey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr Gifkins, for the positive comment.
      The position I like the most in hockey is centre forward! I like it because,: scoring the goals, running up and down and most of all having fun on a Saturday morning with my awesome coach Miss Hill.
      What was your favourite sport when you were at school?

      Delete
  2. I hear you are having a great season Katrina!

    I really like how you chose to imagine yourself as a black stick. Your story is entertaining and hooks in the reader through sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete